Remember to Label Everything With Your Camper’s Name and Unit
No Open-Toed Shoes, Sandals, or Flip-Flops of Any Kind
What to bring each day:
- Small backpack
- Hungry campers are crabby campers! Make sure that your camper eats breakfast and is provided a substantial lunch and (optional) snack each day.
- Lunch with a drink (no glass containers) in a large Ziploc bag labeled with the camper’s name and unit. Lunches will be stored at camp in a cooler with ice.
- Please do not use a lunchbox; it is too bulky. All trash must return home each day.
- Extra snack (optional)
- Water bottle
- Unscented sunscreen (optional)
- Unscented, non-aerosol bug repellent (optional)
What to wear each day:
- Long pants or walking shorts, please no extra-short shorts.
- Hiking boots or tennis shoes with socks, no open-toed shoes, sandals, or flip-flops of any kind. Note: Please make sure your child’s shoes have some tread. Trails at camp can be slippery, even when dry.
- Camp t-shirts must be worn all days at camp for safety reasons. They will be handed out on Monday. Younger campers may not bring them home on Monday as their PAs commonly keep them overnight to ensure they have them on Tuesday for picture day.
- No sleeveless shirts or tank tops.
- Jacket, sweatshirt, or rain gear, as appropriate (Remember, camp is in the hills and in the shade). Please check the forecast for Mountaindale, OR 97113.
- Sunscreen and bug repellant (optional)
Because some areas at camp have poison oak, stinging nettles, and blackberries, it is important that campers dress appropriately. It is highly recommended that campers wear bug repellent and sunscreen. Campers will not be allowed to share sunscreen or bug repellant at camp. Allergies to such products should be listed on the health history form.