All campers must ride the bus, except children of full-time camp volunteers who drive to camp with their volunteers and campers. If an adult volunteer is riding the bus, their camper(s) will ride the bus with them. The Transportation Coordinator is your point of contact for transportation. They can be reached at email@example.com or via text at the cell number provided in the packet of information you will receive before the start of camp.
Pick Up / Drop Off
The bus stop for drop-off and pick-up will be located in Cedar Mills near the exit off Sunset Highway. The exact bus stop location will not be published on this website for security reasons. Bus pick-up/drop-off location information will be mailed to families in late June. If you need to know this information before then for planning purposes, you can Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the location.
Buses begin loading at 8:15 a.m. and depart promptly for camp at 8:30 a.m. Buses return to the bus location at approximately 4:00 p.m., depending on traffic from camp.
- Please arrive at the bus stop location by 8:15 a.m. at the latest. All buses depart PROMPTLY at 8:30 a.m.
- For safety reasons, no camper can be left unsupervised; please remain with your camper(s) until checked onto the bus. Check-in with the bus crew located by your bus when you arrive. Your camper’s bus number is on your Camper Pick-Up Card; please locate this number before arriving at the bus stop.
- A Bus Volunteer will be present at the bus stop prior to bus arrival.
- Buses are scheduled to arrive at 4:00 pm each day. In case of bus delays, the Bus Volunteer will be notified. You can locate the Bus Volunteer at the bus stop with the sign-out clipboards for updates.
- Each adult designated to pick up your camper will need to have with them the camper’s Camper Pick-Up Card and their photo ID at pick-up.
- An adult signature is required before leaving with the camper.
- Locate the Bus Volunteer with your bus number’s check-out sheet to present the pick-up card, your photo ID, and to sign the check-out sheet.
- Written permission from the parent/guardian is required to pick up a child who is not your own. The completed Camper Release Form is most useful for this purpose if you know in advance of camp week who will be picking up your child. Please contact our Transportation Coordinator at least 24 hours prior, if you have changes to who is authorized to pick up your camper(s).
- If you are arranging a carpool, or not driving your own camper during the week, please be sure your carpool drivers are listed on the Camper Release Form. Those adults will need your Camper Pick-Up Card and their photo ID to pick up your camper.
- If you arrive to pick up a camper(s) without the Camper Pick-Up Card, you must see the Transportation Coordinator to have your ID verified (driver’s license) and locate your name on that camper’s Camper Release Form (to be sure you are “authorized,”) and then you will be given a temporary pick-up card to use for sign-out on that day only.
- Any camper not picked up at the bus location by 4:15 pm may lose bus privileges for the following day. The buses cost us extra if they cannot be unloaded promptly. The Camper Pick-up Card mailing will include contact numbers to text if you will be late picking up.
Your child’s safety is of the utmost importance at Mountaindale North and that begins with making sure they are accounted for at all times. The Attendance Coordinator is your point of contact for attendance. They can be reached at email@example.com or via text at the cell number provided in the packet of information you will receive before the start of camp. We NEED to know about absences, or else we will have to track down your missing camper!
Please do not send your child to camp sick.
Attendance at camp should be the priority during this week. Mountaindale is a secure facility which means it is not accessible after the buses leave in the morning and before they arrive in the afternoon. Please avoid making appointments that might require a late arrival, early departure, or leaving the property at any time during the day.
If there is an absence planned for the week of camp, we require written notice by Email to the Attendance Coordinator. Please include your name, camper’s full name, and absence details. Verbal communication in person or by phone is not effective. This information can also be included in the Camper Release Form if known at the time of registration.